Giving Sight

 (picture)


Giving Sight

 

Try living

without good sight

Light blinds

Shadows blend

You can’t see the end

and you may even fall

as you walk down each stair.

 

Sometimes you stare

Knowing your eyes

are struggling to cope

Yet your hope brings

Ones who grasp your grief

and take it from you

and give you belief

in them, for they know

And they show you

Who is important now – You.

Yes, you, and they fix it.

 

You put your new glasses on

and see – so clearly

knowing nothing can stop you now

For Now is the best place to be.

 

Yes, you gave me sight

Such a precious gift

which nothing can replace

You brought me out of a place

of hopelessness and despair

Because you cared for my eyes –

my Gates to

Anything, Anyone Who

I see.

 

You did this for me

And actually all who

Are lucky enough to see you.

 

Your work is beyond just tries.

You target the problem

and fix it,

I surely realize.

 

And I truly thank you

From the bottom of my heart

And

The depth of my eyes.

 

Annie

7-14-00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Nature

On Restoration

Loving Like A Rock