Silence In The Night

 (Picture) 


Silence In The Night

 

Sitting alone

I hear loud noises all around me

These noises bring ringing

In my ears and tears

Begin to drop.

 

I flop

In bed instead

Trying to tune out the untunable

Trying to find peace as a pretense

I fence out

What I don’t like to hear

Yet it’s so near

And getting louder and louder

And they sound

Sometimes like gun powder

And I found

My only resolution

To this noise pollution

Is to wait

And hate all the confusion

Which brings no solution

To no one.  I wait.

Gradually quiet arises

Singing Silence

And my droopy eyes

Enjoy the quiescence

As the essence

Of a sweet perfume

As the loveliness of a flower in bloom.

 

Annie

8-26-97

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Nature

On Restoration

Loving Like A Rock